You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-28 17:13:05

ambstuc

Error: Problem determining NAT capabilities. Please try again.

Sorry had to re-post this topic, but the last thread from August 2013 seemed to end nowhere!

I get this message when trying to play Motorbike online on my Mac. It does not change with repeated attempts. Forwarding port 25002 as suggested in the other post does not make ANY difference.

The stunning thing is that if I install Motorbike Demo on my virtual machine (Windows 7 under Parallels) on the same computer, it works!

May I suggest that there is a bug in the Mac version and ask for a fix please?

Many thanks.
Ulf

#2 2014-04-01 14:28:34

Andres
Somalia

Re: Error: Problem determining NAT capabilities. Please try again.

Hi Ulf

I just tried playing within two Mac computers and the game is able to connect and play online.

Please make sure you are playing using the latest version 7.0.1.0. Youi can check the version number on the "About" tab.

Regards
Andres

#3 2014-04-03 16:23:49

ambstuc

Andres,

definitely have got the latest version 7.0.1.0. Connected my Mac via iPhone Personal Hotspot with EE (UK Mobile provider) - same problem I am afraid. Also checked again that port 25002 is forwarded on my router and all correct. Really frustrating the issue!

Please help.
Ulf

#4 2014-04-03 18:42:04

Andres
Somalia

Hi Ulf

I just connected a Mac computer via iPhone Personal Hotspot with ATT.

Do you have any firewall or antivirus software running on your computer? If so, please deactivate it and try again.

Regards
Andres

#5 2014-04-04 00:20:35

ambstuc

Just deactivated the Mac Firewall (I have no other antivirus software installed) and no different, sorry.

#6 2014-04-04 05:33:37

Andres
Somalia

Hi Ulf

And the message you receive is "Problem determining NAT capabilities. Please try again" ?

Andres

#7 2014-04-04 11:03:33

dixonqwerty

I am having the same problem and tried to port forward 25002 in my ASUS router. No luck, just bought the game.

I get the NAT issue message too. :(

#8 2014-04-05 14:09:07

ambstuc

Yes Andres that is the message. Quite frustrating.

BTW I have opened another thread for another problem with the online play...

#9 2014-04-05 14:21:00

Andres
Somalia

Hi

To make sure it is Motorbike the one with the problem, you can try downloading our Island Racer game or the Billiards game. Both have an online functionality that works the same as the one in Motorbike.

If you are able to connect and play using any of those games, then the problem must be within Motorbike. If not, the problem is in your network. Which is not really a problem but an incompatibility with the method used to connect both players.

Andres

#10 2014-04-05 14:34:41

ambstuc

Just downloaded Island Racer for Mac and was able to log in (as Trial956 since I have no licence for it), suggesting that it is indeed a problem with the Motorbike app rather than my network! Any chance we could try to connect at all as there seems to be no-one only at present?

#11 2014-04-05 14:41:27

ambstuc

... I think we might be getting there? Just downloaded Motorbike from the Bakno website rather than use the version I bought from the Apple Store, and that seems to work too! Looked at the Firewall settings, and is set to accept incoming connections for both the downloaded version as well as the Apple store version.

Is it a "real" login when the trial version connects as "Trialxxx"?

#12 2014-04-05 14:44:22

Andres
Somalia

Good progress

So the problem comes from the MacAppStore version. We need to check that one.

Playing a Trialxxx is not a real login. It is just a way to allow non-registered users to try the online functionality.

Andres

#13 2014-04-07 03:04:35

dixonqwerty

Can we count on an update soon then?

#14 2014-04-07 07:34:39

Andres
Somalia

In fact the only change on the latest version available on the MacAppStore is that particular fix. But somehow it does not work.

Our guess is that we need to include an "entitlement" called "com.apple.security.network.server" to the app before submitting it to Apple. We have done so, and a new version has been submitted.

Just need to wait about one week, for Apple to review and authorize this new version.

Andres

#15 2014-04-07 08:24:52

dixonqwerty

Ok, thanks for letting us know.

#16 2014-04-11 06:32:51

ambstuc

Andres,

I am extremely happy to say that we are currently playing an online game following this update! From my side it seems to be working now, many thanks for this!

I have to report though that initially the game had trouble connecting to bakno.com several times, see also my other post re: problem getting going - not sure if the server is running 100% stable?

Thanks for solving the NAT prob, anyway.
Ulf

#17 2015-04-27 08:18:31

dixonqwerty

This is getting annoying. I get this message everytime.

#18 2017-05-01 19:30:20

govinda puri

I have same problem. NAT capabilities. I tried deactivate firewall. But still didn't work.

#19 2017-05-02 12:47:26

Andres
Somalia

Hi Govinda. I sent you an email.

Please try downloading the same game from our website and check if that one connects to the online room.

Board footer